COMEDK – the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. It conducts entrance exam for admission into professional private colleges of Karnataka. COMEDK holds good for engineering, medical and dental courses at an Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
As Karnataka is known to be the dwelling place of some of the top colleges in India. COMEDK proves to be beneficial for even the non-residents of Karnataka. People who wish to pursue higher studies from any institute in Karnataka. However, there is a reservation of 50% for SC, ST and OBC students of Karnataka and no reservation for other state students.
The top 10 engineering colleges of India like RVCE and BMSCE provide admission to students via UGET. Bangalore being the hub of technical education, best institutes in Bangalore are RV College of Engineering, PES University, Sri Sairam College of Engineering.
COMEDK Application form will be available on the official website from February 13, 2018 till April 20, 2018. COMEDK Registration is the primary step in the application process followed by entering personal/academic qualifications, submitting application fee and uploading mandatory documents.
COMEDK Admit Card
COMEDK has been indispensable for the medical and dental aspirants at the under-graduate level. It still is important for engineering and architecture students. Not to forget, for higher studies in medicine as well.
Read this article to gain insights of how to apply for a famous exam which can be your gateway for getting admission in the college of your dreams.
Key points & documents for COMEDK 2018 registration: Be ready
- Visit the official website then tap on ‘Click to Register’ option. If already registered, log in with credentials. To complete the registration process, add details like Name, Date of Birth, E-mail id, Phone number, Unique id proof, Captcha code.
- On the E-mail id provided, candidates will receive Application Number. This application number and password will be used as official id of COMEDK application process.
- After entering official id, Confirmation page will appear click on EDIT option to fill COMEDK Application form.
- Candidates will first select the course tap on ‘Save and Continue’. Then personal details like Father’s/Guardian’s Name, Mother’s Name, Gender, Nationality, Parents/Guardian Unique ID Proof etc. will be added.
- Then communication address, category information such as candidate belongs to Karnataka or not, caste, religion minority will be mentioned.
- Adding academic information will involve mentioning of qualifying exam, board, name of institution, roll no. of class X, weather have appeared for UGET in previous years.
- Documents to be uploaded include applicant’s photograph, signature. Signature of father or guardian, copy of scanned id proof
- A very important step is to choose the three priorities of cities where a candidate can appear for COMEDK.
- Now to submit the application form fee, choose the payment mode, payment amount and captcha code.
- After filling up the COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Form candidates need to take printout and take the attested signature and seal of the Institute last studied. The attested Application Form should be taken to the counselling.
COMEDK Registration Some More Facts
- Candidates may download the COMEDK 2018 admit card from 2nd week of May, 2018 onwards from www.comedk.org
- Candidates can remit fee both online and offline. They can pay fee via credit card, debit card or net banking. In offline mode, it can be paid through bank challan at any Axis bank branch.
- If in case a candidate submits and incomplete or incorrect application form. The application form will be rejected and to reapply such candidates will have to register again on the official website.
- Passport size photograph to be uploaded should be colored, taken in light background, in JPEG format and should not be more than 80 kb.
- Signature to be uploaded should be clearly written on a plain white paper, in JPEG format and should not be more than 80 kb.
- Applicants to avoid any discrepancy should check their name and DOB before adding in the application form. Exact information should be entered as mentioned on the class X passing certificate
- Candidates who wish to apply for COMEDK reservation must submit a valid certificate to that particular category.
- Telugu/Tulu or Konkai language are considered in the Linguistic Minority Category