The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) conducts NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) in order to provide scholarship to deserving candidates. The exam is held every year in two stages. NTSE Form is released by National Council of Education Research and Training.
- NTSE examination is conducted for students studying in class 10th only.
- Students need to fill NTSE Form separately for Stage I and Stage II.
- Candidates pursuing their education from India can apply for the exam.
- For General category, criteria for qualification is that the candidate must have obtained 40% in each paper.
- Candidates must fill the form in offline mode correctly and submit it before the prescribed date at the State Liaison Office with all the required documents.
- Application fee may apply for Stage I as per state policies. It must be confirmed while collecting the form.
- NTSE Stage-1 Admit Card will be released in October, 2017.
- NTSE Stage-1 2018 Exam will be held in November, 2018 and Stage-2 2018 Exam will be held in May, 2018.
- There is no application fee for Stage II.
- There is no provision of correction of details in the application form once submitted in UT office. Candidates are advised to be careful with the form filling process.
NTSE 2018 Exam Dates
NTSE is considered to be the most prestigious and most difficult exam at high school level for scholarship. In order to not to miss any important event related to NTSE 2018, students must consider the table of tentative dates given below:
|Application form availability||First week of August, 2017|
|Application deadline||Notified by the respective state (varies from state to state)|
|NTSE Stage 1 2018 admit card||October, 2017|
|NTSE Stage 1 2018 exam date||November, 2017|
|Date of NTSE Stage 2 2018 exam||May, 2018|
NTSE 2018 Eligibility
All the students who belong to class X are eligible to appear for National Talent Search Examination, according to the eligibility norms of NCERT.
- Students of both, private and government school can apply for NTSE Exam 2018. No matter, the student belongs to which state of India, you may apply for NTSE.
- NTSE Form has to be filled in the offline mode only.
- The application form can only be filled by the students appearing at the State Level NTS Examination conducted by each state/UT.
- Candidate/ Principal must submit the form only to the state/UT liaison officer directly.
- Candidate/Principal must deposit the application fee, if any, prescribed by state/UTs with the NTSE Form.
- Candidate/Principal should leave the 4-Digit Centre code blank, to be filled by the liaison officer / other authorities.
How to Fill NTSE 2018 Application Form
Candidates may fill up NTSE 2018 application form in online mode through its official admission portal. If the student wants to obtain the application form in offline mode, then he/she may either download it from the official website link or contact the state/UT officer. Thereafter, candidates need to submit their filled application form after getting signed by their school principal to the state/UT.
The steps to access and fill the NTSE form 2018 are given below:
Download NTSE Form
- Open the official website according to the state or UT.
- Look for the sub link “NTSE Application Form”.
- Click on the link and application form will be downloaded to your system.
- State wise link to download the NTSE Form: Every state has its own weblink for the state board. NTSE form is available at the link of state board. The list of links is as follows:
|NTSE (Uttar Pradesh)||http://www.examregulatoryauthorityup.in/HOME.aspx|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||http://education.andaman.gov.in/|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||http://www.dnh.nic.in/Departments/Education.aspx|
|Jammu & Kashmir||http://jkbose.co.in/#|
|Daman & Diu||http://www.daman.nic.in/websites/directorate_of_education_daman/index.asp|
NTSE Form Filling
- Take a printout of the application form
- Fill all the details of name, age, district, phone number, etc. as asked by the authorities.
Submitting Application Form
- Submit the completely filled application form with all details at the UT office.
- Deposit the form with the principal or UT office. Application fee may be asked by the state center.
How to Fill NTSE Form for Foreign Candidates?
Special instructions for NTSE Form for Indian students studying abroad:
- NCERT is not responsible if the state/ UT office asks for any additional documents at time of NTSE exam.
- Exam will be conducted in different states on different dates, candidate must keep checking the state/ UT website for updates himself.
- No notification will be sent for the exam dates.
- If the form is cancelled by state/ UT office, NCERT is not responsible.
- Applicants are requested to refer/consult the application form, published by the States/ UTs, for caste category reservation. Some options of Caste Category (like OBC, Other 1 and Other 2), given in the form are applicable for the State/ UT only.
- No reservation is given in the NCERT exam scheme.
Downloading Application Form
- Go to the official website.
- Look for “NTSE Form for Indian students studying abroad” link.
- Open the PDF and download the same to your system, also the NTSE information brochure.
Filling NTSE Application Form
- Take a print out on the legal (8.5” x 14”) paper.
- Send duly filled form along with Class IX-mark sheet to the official address in Delhi.
- Mention the details of state/UT in India, where you wish to appear for the exam in the covering letter.
Submitting NTSE Form
- Put the completely filled application form along with the covering letter in an envelope.
- Paste the passport size photograph in the place given.
- Self-attest the photograph.
Address details to send the application for Indian nationals studying abroad:
National Talent Search Examination
National Council of Educational Research and Training
Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi – 110016